BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

nervous mommy

Well, I have never considered myself as an overly paranoid mommy. And in my profession, I see many of those and often wonder why they are so overly paranoid.

Well, I guess I can be added into that category after taking Conner to the ER for a fall. (Let me add that after 3 kids- falls DO NOT phase me... I have never even called the Dr for a fall/bump on the head).

Yesterday, Conner fell from our bed; straight down onto his head. He didn't cry at first and then only for a minute. He then went limp and very lethargic- we had a very hard time keeping him awake and he wouldn't hold his head up. Just seconds before the fall he was laughing and playing so this was a huge difference. We gave it a few minutes and then decided to take him to the ER where I work to let them look at him. Ultimately, we ended up signing him in where he got a CT scan of his brain and x-rays of his neck. He didn't act like himself all day- but, they told us everything was fine and what to watch for with him.

There have been many times that I have had children as my patients for the very same thing and have questioned is it necessary. And some of the times it may not be. And who's to say it wasn't necessarry for Conner. But, when a parent is so fearful, as we were yesterday, you have to make sure they know you view them as important. I know I won't be so quick to judge the next time I get a kid from the ER for a fall- having been in those parents shoes and knowing how scared they are.....

So.... add overly paranoid mommy to my resume. (that title is probably already there, it's just now written in bold!)

0 comments: