BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

I think it's kinda ironic....

So.... As most of you all know by now, I am a paranoid and sometimes crazy person! This week, I took Tatum and Conner to the Dr for different reasons, and Conner also needed a weight check. This is how it all went....

Tatum: I took Tay because she had been complaining of her stomach hurting for about 2 weeks. If you remember, she is still battling reflux. We have been on meds for about a year and if we stray from those, it is a very bad and very messy situation! Well, in addition to the stomach aches, she has had runny poop (sorry if TMI- but relevant) and had even vomitted (thank you red dye drink that was drank while mommy and daddy weren't around). SOOOOO- the Dr proceeds to tell me that the meds she had been on for her reflux can sometimes cause loose stools and abdominal cramping (which would also be referred to as runny poop and stomach aches) ARGH! If I had known that, I wouldn't have been so paranoid about the constant complaints! Solution: take her off her meds (plug in crazy look from me here) and see if she still needs them. We will see.... WE are 4 days puke free, but, she is starting to have that refluxy cough and she is gagging alot. UGH, big kid puke is NO fun!


Conner: I took him because he had been hoarse for about 4 days. Wanted to be sure nothing was wrong with him. Well, Dr. S thinks he is probably having some baby reflux, totally normal, especially given the amounts he is eating. Here is what is ironic with him- makes me giggle! I have to take him back again this week for another weight check- know why? Because he gained 1 pound in 6 days- he is getting TOO BIG! I have 2 kids that are too small and now one that is too big!


Laura (ME): My middle finger on my Rt hand had been hurting (well, more like I wanted to cut it off it hurt so bad) and was a pussed up and swollen. I had "doctored" it myself without much success. Jeremy was convinced my finger was gonna rot off- thanks honey for the vote of confidence! Anyways... when I took Tay and JD, I thought, I'll let him look at it and see what he thinks. (our kids Dr is also our Dr) Well, he looks at it, shakes his head and says oh my- that's bad (or something along those lines). Well, apparently, I have some sort of bacterial infection in my finger (really big word that I don't remember). And infection so bad that I had to take a really stong oral antibiotic to treat. Are you ready for the irony here?? The cause of me getting this infection was likely from washing my hands so much! I apparently had a hangnail, and from washing hands or bottles or whatever, got water under my nail from the torn hangnail which just kinda sat there with no where to go and got all bacteria like. I will just have to watch because I don't see how I can cut my handwashing down with all the diapers I change and booties I wipe!


Almost makes you want to laugh, huh?