BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

My baby is walking


Let me tell you- I am one proud momma! *tear* JD has been taking a few steps here and there for a few weeks, but,as of today, I would defintely say I have a walker on my hands!!!! After I got him up and fed him, we were sitting in the floor playing. He stood up and walked halfway across the room and lunged into my arms and hugged me. He hasn't stopped walking since then! He is still extremely cautious with his steps and he is still falling/stumbling alot. BUT, he gets back up and starts going again. I think he is as proud of himself as I am.
One reason I am so proud is not only just because he's walking. But, he was preemie. He has beat so many odds set against him. He has done so many things he never should have been able to do- including live....(great... emotional mommy here...) At first, he excelled in meeting his milestones and never was really far behind. Then, he just kinda stopped. He stopped trying to walk and stopped talking. Who knows the reason- I pray it's just a preemie thing and nothing more serious, but, who knows. We are working on language and he is trying so hard- you can tell! But, most words sound like grunts or screams. Our TEIS is going to get us a audiology consult. But now.....
We are walking!!!!! And I am so proud of my sweet Joel David (JD)!!! Love this precious boy!

0 comments: