BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesdays Dr appt



I had another Dr appt today- jeez, seems like that's all I do these days! LOL (gotta have a sense of humor about this whole bedrest thing!) I will be 24 weeks on Thursday!
It went pretty good- I actually went in there about to lay it all out with as little or much attitude was needed. But, after waiting forever, when Dr. Gist came in, he immediately began discussing all of the things I was the most frustrated about. I decided not to show my butt today. As far as my thrombophillia panel (all the extensive bloodwork I had done in Nashville), he basically just told me that I was at an increased risk of blood clots and to plan to do my lovenox injections throughout this pregnancy (which, I was!) I asked about my Triple Screen for Fetal abnormalities that I had drawn in December; they were all normal. All my bloodwork that I have had is also normal; aside from what we already know is abnormal. My blood pressure is great (it's actually really low when I'm laying down- there have been several times I have felt like I was gonna hit the floor when I've gotten up). And for those of you who had been concerned about my weight gain (or lack there of), I gained 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks- so that is 6 now! I know my hubby sure is glad that I'm gaining! (he's not the one who has to lose it later on!)
Here's the plan of action that we have mapped out for now (between Maternal Fetal and Dr. Gist):
Maternal Fetal Groups Plan
~Ultrasound 2/20 with Fetal weight and Blood flow dopplers
~ Weekly appointments to monitor growth and blood flow weekly after 26 weeks (which FYI is Feb 26th)
Dr. Gist's Plan
~Weekly Non Stress Tests at Hillside Hospital beginning at 26 weeks (refer above to when that starts)
~ Steroid for Fetal Lung maturity Feb 26th and again 24 hrs later (not sure if I'll get more than those or not- that's the starter dose)
~ Office appts every 2 weeks
SOOO, in a nutshell, starting at 26 weeks, I am going to be at the Dr or hospital for tests a minimum of 2 times a week. On the weeks I have to see Dr. Gist, that will be 3 trips. Seems kinda silly to have a girl on bedrest come to the Dr so much! On the plus side- it means I get to breathe fresh air 2-3 times a week! I was kinda nervous at first when Dr. Gist told me about all the extra appts, but, YEAH- he said I can drive myself to my appts in town. It has been almost a month since I've driven!
Everyone has been so wonderful and caring and concerned for us- we can never truly express what everyone has meant to us. What is so terrifying is that I can be completely fine one day, and the next everything turn into, well, my preemie miracles. If I can just get past 28 weeks- My mind will be so much better. When I think about 28 weeks, I want to cry, throw up, panic, hide... I just pray- will all my heart and soul and all I have in me- that all these things that I'm doing WILL make a difference. It has to, right?

4 comments:

Only the Sheppards said...

28 weeks?! That's almost full term :P

You will be fine, Connor will be fine, and this pregnancy will be fine. You have too many docs poking around down there for them to miss anything!

(But we'll be praying for y'all anyways... :)

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl just keep believing. When we are at our lowest points that is when God wants to show himsef strong. Love yah girl, a things are possible just believe!

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

Just take it one day at a time. I will most def. be praying for you all!

The Snyder's said...

Wow.. VERY Thorough.... I tell you I have not checked in on everybody in a week and I am considering taking you with me Thursday to Maternal Fetal Group.. LOL.. Just kiddin.. You have your head all in this with the Dr.'s that I am sure that not a thing will be missed.. Laura I am praying for you and Connor daily.. Please just know that we are all rejoicing with you on the what the outcome will be.. God Bless YOU..