BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

when you can't sleep- blog


Ok- it is currently 2:16 am and I am still awake. I am exhauseted and beyond frustrated that I can't give in to sleep. I have been in bed for over 3 hrs- tossing and turning- I've gotten up twice to potty- and I am finally giving it up. Maybe if I get out of the bed for a little bit, I can finally give in to sleep. I think part of my problem is turning my mind off from thinking a million and one different things- some of which, would likely lead to nightmares!
I had a NST today at the hospital (Non Stress Test). Basically, all that is really, is putting those pink and blue belts across my belly and monitoring Conner's heart rate- looking for any warning signs of distress- we passed that with flying colors! I will be having this done every week. It was kinda nice being back at the hospital that I work at and seeing some of my co-workers. I also got a whoping dose of steroids today and will got back tomorrow (rather, today now) for another large dose. I will be getting these every week from now on. These steroids are suppossed to enhance fetal lung maturity- I am just wanting to be prepared!
I then went on the the Dr.s office. Everything was fine there- I did, however, get in trouble for not gaining any weight since I was there last. I don't have a huge appetite and since all I do is lay around, I can't/don't eat much at one time due to feeling like I will explode when I do! I am having my Glucose Tolerance Test tomorrow, which I already know, I will likely fail. Steroids screw up your blood sugar- I ended up on Insulin with Tatum when I was getting steroids in the hospital with Tatum. I made this argument to Dr. Gist, basically, I was trying to get out of doing it. He agreed that it was probably inaccurate now, but, we also needed to know if and how much the steroids messed up my blood sugar. Ugh- OK! I conceede!
I wish I could suddenly forget how far along and I am how close I am to some scary days in my life. I began getting sick in my 27th week with Tatum and JD both; and I will be 27 weeks next Thursday. It makes me so scared to go and have my Ultrasounds/dopplers at Maternal Fetal for fear that even if I feel fine, it will show that I'm not. I go on Tuesday for that. I just don't think I'm physically, mentally, or emtionally capable enough of doing it all again. Even though, if I did have to, I'm sure I would find my strength somewhere- like I always have
Update: it is currently 3:13 am- I'm gonna try this sleep thing one more time!

2 comments:

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

Poor thing! I know how you feel about the weight issue. I never gained anything with Brody the whole preg. I lost seven pounds. You just don't get hungry when you are just laying around. They had me drinking boost and it was nasty. I would just drink it down fast. Hopefully everything with go great this time.Lots of prayers your way~~~~~~~~

~Tara~ said...

I can't imagine all that has been on your mind and all you have been going through lately. I am however glad to hear and see that the doctors seem like they are staying pretty on top of everything. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers flying high that you make it way past 27 weeks. I am hoping for the full 40. Sorry about the weight thing. Hope it gets better. Hang in there and remember we are praying for you guys and love you.