BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hospital visit

So, as some of you may or may not know, I took a little trip to the hospital Friday night. I had gotten up from my nap around 2 ish- not feeling just great, but, thinking that it was just the pizza that I had eaten immediately before laying down. I am hurting in my upper abdomen, which always gives me cause for concern, but, I'm trying to rationalize it out and not freak myself or anyone else out. So, the afternoon goes on and I get to feeling worse and worse. The pain is becoming horrible and I am getting nauseus. Then it dawns on me- THIS IS HOW I WAS FEELING WHEN I GOT SICK WITH JD.... Ok- so now, I'm really freaking out. When Jeremy get Is home from town,I'm sitting on the couch crying. (OK- let me make a side note here- part of why I'm crying is because it is Friday night now- about 8 ish- Tatum's FIRST dance recital is Saturday @ 1 and I want to be there!) Well, we decide that I do need to go to the hospital to get checked out. I first take a shower, because I have been down this road before and I do not want to get stuck in the bed without taking a shower first. Of course they were waiting on me because I had called. They were all thinking- Oh crap! Laura's coming with abdomen pain- we are having a baby soon.... (Feel the need for another side note for those who don't know all my baby history- my first sign that my body was getting sick with Tatum and JD's pregnancy was upper abdomen pain- which is what I was having Friday- not a good sign for me or anyone who knows me). Well, I get down to OB- tell the nurse that I need to pee, to bring me a cup (you know they always want a preggo girls pee) and I'm gonna need some labs- (OF course, they already knew all of this, I was just trying to speed things up). They get all that going....

Well, they get me hooked up to the monitor and Conner's heart rate is way high- which was causing more alarm than my belly pains... They start an IV on me and start pumping me full of fluids. Conner's heart rate finally calmed down, they actually think he was Tachy because his momma was in pain.... Please son, don't share my pain! Well, my labs came back GREAT! So, for now they just wanted to watch me, keep me on the monitor and make sure my blood pressure didn't decide to shoot way up. Jeremy and I told them we wanted my labs re-drawn 6 hours after the first ones- due to history. (With JD they were normal the first time and 6 hours later I was headed to Nashville in the back of an ambulance... so I knew the difference a few hours could make.) Well, the Dr didn't really want to, said my first ones were too good for me to just rest there and go home later that am. (it's about 2 am at this point). I told him if he wasn't going to do anything else and he thought I was fine, then to just send me home and sleep in my bed.... about 15 minutes later the nurse came in to tell me that lab would be there in a little bit to repeat my labs- I WON!!!! Well, after NO sleep, I finally ask the nurse about 6:30 if my labs were back. Everything was still good except my platlets had dropped. HMMMM, that is one of the signs of HELLP syndrome. However, with me getting so much fluids and NOTHING else had changed, it was likely that they had diluted. So, I went home and got to go to Tay's recital. Got home from the recital and went straight to bed!

So, here's whats going on now...... I am still hurting (they really weren't sure what was causing my pain) I'm not hurting nearly as bad as I was Friday night, but, none the less hurting. It is my upper abdomen and it hurts the worst when I breathe. I'm gonna callt he Dr in the morning and let him know that I still feel this way. At the least he can repeat my labs to at least put my mind at ease... I only have 10 days left til my scheduled c-section, but, we may not make it that far...... I'm ready now though. I wasn't Friday night- I was terrified and couldn't stop crying.... But, I do NOT want to cause any stress on my body that would cause something to happen to Conner.

1 comments:

Penny1215 said...

Bless your heart. I really hope they will go on and take him very soon. He's quite far enough along that I just don't see him having any difficulties. I mean he already has what.....almost 10 weeks on his brother and sister. I know your miserable!! I remember those days. I'm not so much looking forward to seeing them again, but apparently I don't have much choice. I guess at the moment I'd much rather see those days than not!! I'm just ranting so I'll stop now. I just want to say I love you and I'm thinking about you and hoping that everything is well!!!