BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sorry for the delay

I greatly apoligize that is has been over a week since I updated! Our laptop charger isn't charging the computer and I have to use my few minutes of freedom to get on the desktop. It has been an exciting week to say the least..........

On Tuesday, we had our weekly appt in Nashville at the Maternal Fetal Group. Sorry, he was hiding his face, so the only new pics I got were of his huge feet! On Ultrasound, they look to be the size of Tatum and JD's combined when they were born. His large foot is gonna look funny with my tattoo! (sorry- I digress...) Well, at this appt we got and estimated weight for Conner- boy, were we suprised when she said 4 lbs 13 oz!!!! We brought JD home from the hospital at 5 lb 3 oz- so, you can imagine our suprise. I truly thought that Jeremy was gonna fall out of his chair- he actually had her repeat it! Everything there looked good= see ya next Tuesday.

I went to the hospital Friday am for my weekly NST. Conner looks wonderful but, they questioned if I were having some contractions. Which, I have been questioning myself, but, seeing as I have never had labor, wasn't for sure. Got really nervous when my nurse, another nurse, AND my Dr came into my room while I was on the monitor. The other nurse just came to say HI, and my Dr was there, so he came and looked at my strip- don't they understand how paranoid I am?? Don't do things like that to me!!! I was sent home with my usual instructions- except this time, she told me what to do if my water broke or if I was having more abdomen tightening. Could be braxton hicks or could be contractions. Most importantly, if I thought anything was wrong DO NOT take my lovenox injection. I have to be off my bld thinner 24 hrs prior to delivery to be able to stay awake during the surgery.

After my NST, I actually had a Dr appt. Too bad he couldn't have seen me in the hopsital, would have saved me a trip. Blah, Blah, Blah, routine stuff. Told me he wasn't gonna let me off bedrest until Conner was born. I asked about attending Tatum's dance Recital on the 16th- I will be over 37 weeks- considered full term. He said that why would I want to risk anything since I was doing so good. I told him that at that point, I thought my good was good enough. I also told him I would probably go anyways. This is VERY important to me and Tatum. She would know if her momma wasn't there. I cried for about 3 hrs over that. Yesterday was a pity- poor me day!

As of Thursday, I am 34 weeks. In terms of Conner, that means lots! obviously, he is a healthy weight. The part of his brain that so many babies born prematurly get brain bleeds in has closed, almost completely eliminating chance of a brain bleed. If he were born now, he would most likely be fine- and shouldn't spend much time in the hospital, especially since I've had the steroids already. I am BEYOND thrilled to be this pregnant (excpet I am beginning to get to experience all the negatives of getting this big- but, not complaining!)

OH YEAH- I have a delivery date (as long as things continue this way) May 27th. (I will be 38 w 6 d) almost scared to tell people, as I don't want to jinx anything! Everytime I ever told anyone when my other 2 babies were coming home, they acted out in the NICU and we had to stay longer. Just please pray that we will have a May 27th baby!
(Sorry Jennifer- 25th is a Monday, and my Dr only schds deliveries on Wednesdays! Thought about ya though!)

3 comments:

Penny1215 said...

That is so awesome. I'm so glad everything is going well for you so far!!

Katie said...

This is so exciting to hear!! I am so proud for you!!

Anonymous said...

May 27th sounds like a fine date!