BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

31 weeks tomorrow

Let me begin by apologizing for not bloggin in over a week! Nothing exciting to tell! (Which, is a good thing!)

I had my weekly Maternal Fetal Group appt in Nashville yesterday (Tuesday). I had my usual ultrasound with BPP and dopplers- right off the bat- Connner passed his breathing test- he breathed for the entire Ultrasound scan- never stopping! Way to go Conner!!! His estimated weight was 1514 grams- (to all my fellow preemie mommas- you will understand how excited I was to know that I had a baby big enough in my belly to be born and be able to wear clothes when he is born!). I was able to figure up in weight what he weighed because 1500 grams is big enough to wear clothes and that = 3 lbs 5 oz! (Well, it's actually probably 3 lbs 5.4 oz, but, the computer rounds to an equal number). His head measures bigger than his gestational age and his belly and femurs measure slightly smaller than his GA; but, given my history and the fact that my kids are still small, he won't be a whopper baby regardless of how long I carry him. He's already bigger than Tatum and JD were combined! It's a very weird thing to wrap my head around. It is also a very weired feeling in my tummy, as I've never had a baby this big and am expierencing a lot of things for the first time!

I also got to talk to the Dr yesterday. I have a strange rash on one side of my tummy, and Dr. Gists office wanted me to have them look at it since Iwould be there. They think it may be a pregnancy rash, but, it doesn't really look like a typical rash they see. Said it could be the beginning of PUPPS (which is a pregnancy rash that appears in 3rd trimester and itches like crazy with no relief, usually pops up in stretch marks.) Mine itches every now and then but not often. Have been putting hydrocortisone cream on it and taking benadryl. Dr. Lindzee at Mat Fet said she wasn't worried about it and that I was being watched so closely that if it were to cause any problem, we would catch it. She also remarked at how GREAT Conner looked and how well I was doing. She said she was really pleased with my pregnancy.

My first goal was to get past 28 weeks- I am now 3 weeks past that. My next goal was 34 weeks and I am only 3 weeks from that. I have said the whole time I was Due in June but, hoping for May- I am only 30 days from that now. I am so hopeful for that now. In the beginning, I would have never thought I would have been able to have done this. Maybe this HORRIBLE bedrest or nightly shots have really made the difference for me and Conner. I am also beginning to see/learn alot of the things that I have been missing- Everyone told me that God gave me Conner for a reason- it sometimes takes something like this- completely unexpected and out of the blue- to teach you many things. I have definetly learned how to pray again........


On to my other two sweet babies! They are both being plauged by allergies! Gotta love this time of year and weather changes. JD seems to be handling it all pretty well. Tatum on the other hand, has begun having her Asthma flare ups. UGH- I am predicting by the end of the week having her in the Dr's. This am she can't do anything for coughing! I think we are gonna need an inhaler for times like this- she isn't gonna be able to do anything outside if we can't manage this. She can play for a few minutes until she begins coughing so badly that she can't catch her breath. We did a breathing treatment this am that helped for about an hour. And both kids have snot covered faces- which means mommy has snot covered shoulders! Love them both!


Hope you enjoyed this LONG blog!

4 comments:

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

I am so happy that your pregnancy is going so well. I hate that you have to spend it on bedrest but you know as well as I do it is all worth it. Poor babies being sick! Brody is sick as of last night. We thought at one point he would need his o2 but he showed us up...thank God! Hope he continues to do that. I hope Tatum and JD get to feeling better. Give them hugs from us and save yourself one too. Love ya!

MrsHonea said...

I am so glad that this pregnancy has already defied the odds. The best thing being yours and Conner's health obviously, but I think it's super great that you are getting to experience baby kicks, rolls, etc that are hard to feel at 28 wks and before. For all the blessings your receiving, try not to get down about bed rest. Take care! Hope Tatum and J.D. get to feeling better VERY soon.

Only the Sheppards said...

Whoo hoo! Big fat baby boy! You talk about learning to appreciate things... My biggest fear my last pregnancy was stretch marks... And now I have a few on my sides, and I'm so excited! Yay! I'm pregnant enough to have stretch marks! The stuff only preemie mamas understand!!!

I'm betting you make it to 37 weeks, with a 6 pounder!

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear how well Conner is doing!! Do you remember Natalie having that pregnancy rash when pregnant with Sam. I hope it stays just like it is now!!