BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Week in Review

So, today has been a pretty good/uneventful week. Well, aside from Tatum not sleeping. As I'm typing this, I am 32 weeks 2 days pregnant!!! 32 weeks was my goal and now I have passed that. It's kinda crazy that I'm less than 2 weeks away from the Maternal Fetal Groups goal of 34 weeks. At 34 weeks, you greatly reduce the severity of effects of prematurity, also part of the brain closes us greatly decreasing the risks of brain bleeds which is so common in premature babies. I have already had the steroids that have been shown to improve lung maturity. I had my weekly ultrasound in Nashville this week for BPP and dopplers- while my dopplers are still abnormal, they are consistent and until there is a drastic change or the flow reverses in the cord, they aren't worried. I'll be back Tuesday for the same thing...I'm always hopeful there's no change, I just wish I knew what his weight was....

Had my Dr's appt in town this week. My Blood Pressure is great, My NST at the hospital was great- they said Conner looks great! I hadn't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks, but, I didn't get in trouble this time (probably because I had gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks at the last appt). BUT, with all the weight I lost in the beginning, and then I just wasnt' gaining, I have only gained 6 pounds this pregnancy! While at my appt this week, I begged and pleaded to have a 1 day pass- just for a few hours, to be able to go to Wal-mart and ride in a wheel chair. I was shot down. I was disappointed, and I understand- why risk it when things are this good. Oh yeah- almost forgot... Very strangly, the rash that was on one side of my stomach is now on the other side (switched from rt to lt) and is almost mirrored from the other one. Doesn't really bother me- just weird! Well, the Dr thinks it isn't anything pregnancy related, he thinks my skin is reacting to my daily injections... makes sense, especially since it's not anywhere else.

Tatum and JD both went to the Dr this week. Tay is actually 31 pounds! JD was 18 lbs 11 oz! They are both struggling with allergies, gotta love Tennessee weather! Tay's allergies spiraled her into a asthmatic flare that she was able to get over. JD was just snottin' and coughin' horribley and just wanted to be sure that nothing else was going on. It was all allergies, but, he had an ear infection! So, JD's on an antibiotic and started on singulair allergy med. Tatum was given an inhaler for when she gets to coughing and wheezing so bad on exertion and pulmicort breathing treatment daily. Seems there's always something around here......



Sorry this is all so long! Had a lot to say!

1 comments:

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

These are times I wished we lived closer so I could help u out with things. It must have been the week for allergy junk and ear infections bc Brody was the same way. I hope they stay healthy for ya girl. Love ya!