BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tay is breaking my heart



I felt like this one deserved a seperate blog from my other long one! As I had blogged earlier this week, Tay wasn't sleeping well/staying in her bed. Well, Wednesday night, she didn't get up until 4:30 am, so we were thinking it was a one night flukey thing. Then, she spent the night with my momma and there were no problems there. Well, here we are- Friday night- beginning at 9:30 when we finally got her in bed. For 2 hours!! she was up and down, back and forth from her room to ours. At one point, she had come into our room for the 3 or 4th time, and Jeremy thought we would try ignoring her. She was crying soooo piitifully! I finally told Jeremy that if we kept ignoring her, I was going to cry too. It breaks my heart to hear her cry- especially when she isn't being ugly, she is truly upset. What is worse about this, is that something is bothering her, but, she, for some reason, isn't able to express what's wrong with her.

Well, here's a kicker- that makes me want to cry even now thinking about it. I think Jeremy was very hesitant to tell me this, knowing my emotional/hormonal state, but, he did and I have it on my brain. Well, one of the times that he walked her back to her room, and he tries to talk to her, reason with her why she should stay in her bed, etc. She tell him, that she doesn't want to sleep because "Mommy's on bedrest and I'm scared for her" - do you know how my heart hurt from that? How guilty I feel that she thinks I may not be here when she wakes up in the morning? (I know, she could be using it as an excuse, but, she comments on m y bedrest all the time- including mentioning that Paw Paw was on bedrest (in the nursing home) and then he died. She actually asked me if I was gonna die.)

AHHH- we are at our wits end with her and this sleeping thing! I know she wants in our bed, but, it's not gonna happen! If this continues, I guess we'lll make her a pallet on the floor and she can sleep in the floor. Any suggestions on how to deal with all of this?????

3 comments:

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

I think she really is feeling this way. Just bc she has put ur grandfather being on bedrest with u being on bedrest and he died. I think I would try a pallet and then try to wean her back to her room after u have Conner. It is just a whole family experience when u are on bedrest. Austin and Libby had a very hard time thinking I was always leaving when I got sick. I think it will get better but for now I would just let her sleep on the floor beside me so she knows I am right there. Hope this helps! Love you all!

Katie said...

I know just how you are feeling!! We went through the same thing with Emma a few years ago. It lasted about 3 weeks. I was at my wits end. She would scream and cry but mostly scream! We just stayed consistent and refused to let her in our bed because that's what she wanted. It was so hard at times. I would lose it and start crying because i didn't know what else to do for her. It stopped one night as quick as it started. I agree that the bedrest thing is probably really bothering her. Just keep reassuring her that you are okay. I hope this passes soon for you and yall can get some rest!

Anonymous said...

Maybe a reverse baby monitor would help for a week or so. That way she could hear you and Jeremy breathing or snoring or whatever you do while you sleep that she is used to. The sound might help lull her back to sleep if she wakes up. I know it helps us to hear our babies while they sleep, maybe it will help her to hear her Mommy and Daddy while they sleep. Just an idea.
Lots of Love,
Jennifer