BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

28 weeks 5 days








The Ultrasound girl was so great at her job- that she had a few minutes to "play" She was able to get a few 4D pics of Conner- he was def not making it an easy task for her though! This picture looks just like Tatum and JD when they were this small- wierd huh?



Today was such a great day! As always, it began with LOTS of nerves and anxiety, as do all my weekly trips to Nashville. I had such a wonderful Ultrasound Technologist- she was wonderful at her job and you could tell she was expierenced. So much so, that she had x-tra time to "try" something- and that something was the 4D ultrasound sweet Conner. He made her work for those pictures though! But, for all the squirming that Conner did, I think they turned out pretty good- He looks just like Tatum and JD- don't you think?
Well, I met with Dr. Lombardi today while I was there. He had been prepared that I had several questions. There is no way for me to explain Dr. Lombardi other than he is military (marines actually), the founder of The Maternal Fetal Group in Nashville, and is amazing! He cracks me up and makes me feel so much better. Before he came to see me, Jeremy and I were waiting in the Ultrasound room for a few minutes. On my observation, my pressures were considerably higher today than last week. I was truly about to vomit/cry before Dr. L got in there. At one point, Jeremy told me I needed to calm down and I told him he just needed to quit talking to me. I was freaking out at that point. (for no reason other than I remembered the readings from last week and the were HUGE different this week). Anyways, Dr. L comes in there and obviously they artery pressures were the first thing I asked about- telling him I knew they were abnormal. He said that abnormal was just a word on the paper and while they were abnormal that it only meant that I was at risk for pre-eclampsia, which we have known I was at risk for since I even got pregnant. That was obviously my biggest concern- most of the other things I discussed were my meds and such. Which, he told me NOT to take anymore steroids- that I only needed ONE dose- not weekly. Suits me- those shots HURT! He proceeds to tell me that I do not look like a pre-ecclamptic women (and he's seen quite a few) and that Conner looked amazing! He is not growth restricted in anyway and if I were to become sick again with HELLP, that it would take 6-8 weeks at this point for Conner to begin showing signs of being affected. I don't want to get mine, or anyone elses hope up, but, hearing that meant so much to me and Jeremy. It was such a relief to hear that the Maternal Fetal Group thinks I'm doing well. I am just one of those worriers that needs reassuring from time to time. I told Dr. L that I was asking him for assurance since God couldn't directly speak to me and tell me things were going to be fine- he said he would be the voice of God for me! He did say that I had just cause to be paranoid and worry- and that I was justified in my concerns.
I feel sooo much better after today!!!! I'll be 29 weeks Thursday!!!!!




9 comments:

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

I so loved that man! I am so happy that everything is going well. I will be praying as always girly. We love you all! Hang in there girl!

Only the Sheppards said...

Whoo hoo!!! So happy for you! Here's hoping for a 10 lb baby!

The Swangers said...

That is wonderful! We are so excited for you guys! Keep it up girl and if you ever need anything or want company or something just let me know. Sometimes I need to take a little drive...

Penny1215 said...

Aw..I'm so glad your doing well!!

MrsHonea said...

I'm sure Jeremy gets just as nervous as you, but he has to remain calm for your sake. ;) Glad your appointment went well and that the doctor was able to calm some fears.

Katie said...

This is such wonderful news Laura! I am so excited for you and will be praying as always!!

Dallas said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!Love to hear such good news. Glad Conner is going to cook the whole way through. Ha Ha Ha. love to all, the durhams

The Snyder's said...

GREAT NEWS AND THE PICTURES MAKE ME SO HAPPY... I KNOW YOU WILL DO WELL.. AND I JUST REMEMBER WHAT TATUM SAID ABOUT CONNER AND SHE IS RIGHT HE IS GOING TO BE A BIG BABY...LOVE YALL..

Anonymous said...

I told you he is gonna be a hoss. I can't wait to meet him in May or even June. Our prayers have been answered!!! Hallelujah! Love ya! Jennifer