BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Great Eight Book Review

I recently stumbled upon someone elses blog that directed me to Thomas Nelson Publishers. Through their site, you were able to request a book and they would mail it to you- all you needed to do was write a blog about it. I decided I would enjoy this- my first book I chose was The Great Eight- by Scott Hamilton.

I was very excited to get this book as I love Scott Hamilton- I always have. This book was suppossed to be about 8 key things that have helped him succeed in being happy and overcoming so many of the hardships he has been through. While I truly enjoyed reading this book and learing more about Scott Hamilton, I really didn't see it as a book teaching me "happy habits". The one point that I really remember is what the 8 stands for. Perfect and the same on either side- and to be perfect, takes much practice. Which, would also apply to his 8 steps of happiness. In this book, he would briefly describe certain things, his 8. But, what made this book was all the stories and the way he told his stories. I really felt that he was sitting there telling me this story. I truly enjoyed reading this book. I would defintely recommend The Great Eight to other people. It is a wonderful book and amazing at what one person can go through and still come out on top!

1 comments:

MrsHonea said...

I loved watching Scott on the ice. He was amazing. I might have to borrow this from you sometime...and btw, what is the blog address for free books? :)