BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Never been this pregnant before....

As I am typing this, I am officially 28 weeks and 1 day pregnant..... I have never been pregnant this far- both Tatum and JD were born at 28 weeks to the day! I am officially in my 7 month-- whoa now! Uncharted waters!!! It is a wonderful feeling and surreal at the same tiem. I am so hopefuly to get to 34 weeks at least, but, at the same time, waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak....

Went to see my OB in town today- have to say, really unpleased with the care that I get there. AFTER waiting for over an hour and a half, there is nothing eventful to report. (Let me make a side note- he is the ONLY OB in town, so you can imagine how many pts he has). I feel like he forgets WHY I'm high risk. He didn't seem to think it was anything at all that I had made it to 28 weeks. (My other OB with Tatum and JD would have probably been as excited if not MORE so than me). I'm not saying I deserve extra attention and should be treated special but, come on! At least pretend you know what's going on with me. I went in all prepared to show my booty too- Not sure if I mentioned in any prev posts that I had to have the 3 hr glucose tolerance test. Well, I have bad memeories of this test- mostly of it making me very sick with Tatum and then 3 days later being in Nashville preparing for my first preemie. I begged the Dr office to please let me wait til after I got to 28 weeks, that was only a week from the point I was asking this. No NO- it's very important and you have to have it this week. Mentally, 27- 28 weeks was a very difficult week, with lots of thoughts and emotions... Well, fast forward 1 week and 1 day and that OH so important test that I HAD to have done- I hadn't even got the results! The Dr said he never got the results (refer back to my thought on importance of patients... if its really important, keep up with it and make sure you get the results...) Anyway... I know this seems very soapbox like. I'm just annoyed at only getting smally bits of info and being kept in the dark..... This pregnancy is very important to me (and lots of other ppl, just obviously, not my Dr. doesn't make much sense)

I'm doing great! Just hope this continues- I usually didn't have any warning of sickness with Tay and JD, that's what makes me nervous. My blood pressure is wonderful!! Had my NST at the hospital and Conner looks great. Took another Steroid shot too- better safe than sorry, I think...Maternal Fetal wants me to have 2 NSTs a week now, they are wanting to be overly cautious. I'll have one in Nash and one here at Hillside. When I go to Nash this Tuesday, I'm going to meet with Dr. Fortunado and hopefully, he can fill me in on all the gray areas of my pregnancy.

4 comments:

Yours Mine And Ours! said...

That is a shame that you are just a number on a chart to them. I can't stand people like that. At least pretend that you care the 15-30 mins. you are with me....LOL! What pains!

Penny1215 said...

Yay...I'm so glad your still doing well!!

Katie said...

I'm so happy for you!

The Snyder's said...

I am so sorry that people just don't care at your local office...Man i just have been telling everyone that you are still pregnant.. Even while I was at MFG.. I wsa like I know that yall will do whats best for me cause My friend Laura is still Pregnant and that has not happened with her previous pregnancies.. I am constantly praying and thinking about you!! I pray that Dr. Fortunado celebrates with you on Tuesday cause Lord have mercy this is an accomplishment the he has helped you with.. Good grief my anger right now may take things really personal but I don't much care for that local dr. of yours... GEEEEZ LOUIsE...
Okay and I love you Laura Thanks for being a great friend to me...