BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure

I had the choice of choosing a DVD to review this time with my Thomas Nelson Publishers book review. I obviously chose a children's movies, seeing as I have kids (and secretly enjoy some of these movies!)

If you are interested in getting wonderful free books check out brb.thomasnelson.com and find out how to review/blog free books!

I am reviewing Skeeterr and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure

This DVD was one of Max Lucado's creations- part of his Hermie and friends series. It has been my personal experience that anything by Max Lucado, is a good thing. In this story, Skeeter, is a mosquito with a crooked nose and a horrible memory and sense of direction. But, a wonderful sense of smell. His brother, Sinclair M. Skeeto, is coming to town. Sinclair is an avid adventurer with wonderful stories to tell and his travels tales preceed him to every town he goes to. Skeeter is less than excited for his brother to be coming; he always felt like Sinclair was better than him; especially since Sinclair had a straight nose and Skeeters was so crooked. Sinclair is on a mission to find a lost treasure that his dad had left. Skeeter decides to help Sinclair on his mission. After a few lost ways and crazy conversations- both Sinclair and Skeeter come to realize that they both evnied the other one- they both had their diffferences, but that is what made them both Unique and special. They were able to work together using their differences and found the lost treasure that their father had left for them. And if it hadn't been for them working together, neither one would have ever found it.

I truly enjoyed watching this DVD. My little girl who is 3, also seemed to enjoy it. It was a Bible based lesson that not only teaches on a childs level, but, encourages conversations between the parents and child about what was disccussed on the DVD. I would recommend this DVD to other parents for children to watch. I would also watch more of the Hermie and friends series by Max Lucado.

2 comments:

Penny1215 said...

I'll have to check this out!!

MrsHonea said...

You can tell it's much like the Hermie and Friends stuff. I think it's great they have stuff like that, and I'm glad you mentioned that it "encourages conversations between the parents and child.." because really, these things must be continued in the home or they're worth nothing.