BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

emotional moments

I will be quite honest. I have been an emotional roller coaster the last few days. It doesn't help that I'm on complete bedrest and having to depend on other people to do things for me and my children. And then, there's all the things in life that seem to be going wrong.

My Grandfather is still hanging on. He has, however, accepted that he will be dying soon- and he's ready. He's ready to be with my maw maw again- the love of his life. He has morned her since she died almost 11 years ago.

Mammy's surgery was a huge success. She is, however, throwing up everything she eats, and they have noticed some blood in it. She is having some tests today to see if they can figure it out.

And then, there's baby Drayke. He was born April 28th at Centennial. I met his parents and talked to them several times while JD was still there. Well, he had lots of heart and lung problems and was eventually sent to Vanderbilt. Well, precious Drayke had quite a roller coaster ride. With many ups and downs, more downs than ups, I'm afraid. (I kept up with this families blog the entire time). Well, last week, Drayke got a trach and they were finally thinking that they may actually get to go home! Towards the end of the week, Drayke began getting sick. They discovered he had the flu, NEC, and his heart and lungs were failing. And Ultrasound and several tests Monday showed his heart wasn't working. The Drs. told the family there was no way he could recover from this.......... They made the decision to take Drayke off of life support. He became a precious angel at 8:55 pm Monday night. He would have been 9 months old Wed.

To say, that I cried over this would be an understatement. I blubbered over this for close to 2 hours. For one, it's hard to keep my mind focused and hopeful- I knew this family. He was in the hospital with JD. WE have been so blessed!

But, mostly- my heart was breaking for this family. They have been through so much. They were so strong and optimistic. And to have a glimmer of hope, just to lose your baby less than a week later hurts me to my core. I can't imagine having to give my child to God. Please pray for Draykes family in the coming days- I know this is gonna be so hard for all of them. And all the people that Drayke affected in his short time on this earth.

1 comments:

Penny1215 said...

I'm sorry your having such a rough time!! It's always sad to lose a little one. I cry every time I read the news. There is always something crazy about a child. My heart just breaks into pieces. I hate to hear about anyone dying, but it's just so devastating to hear it about a baby. I believe with all my heart that everything will be okay with little Connor!!!!!