BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Crazy, rough day

So, today has been a crazy day. Of course, it started out the same for me- get out of bed, brush, use the bathroom, grab the glasses and a pillow and move to the couch. JD has his monthly early intervention with Gina, and he prepared to wow her with his smooth moves! Then, Jeremy took Tatum and JD to the Dr's office- it was time for JD's monthly synagis (RSV)shot. While there, he also had Dr. Savage check both of their ears; Tatum still says hers hurts (likely for attention) and JD isn't sleeping at night. He is getting up on average of 3 times a night. Thankfully, both of their ears were fine. Well, while Jeremy was at the Dr was when things got worse.

Jeremy's aunt texted him that Mammy (his grandmother) was being going to emergency after a colonoscopy. She had a polyp that had ruptured and was leaking infection into her body. Jeremy is very close to mammy and she is a strong point for most of her family. I knew Jeremy wanted/needed to go, but, as I'm on bedrest, he needed to stay with me and our kids. Well, My best friend and sister came to our rescue. Erin took JD with her to her mommas in Athens. I'm quite sure they loved every minute of this! And my sis said she would take Tatum ( I was gonna keep Tatum, but, she wanted to come and get her). When Dana came to get Tay, I decided I didn't want to stay home by myself, so I road about 5 houses down and layed on Dana's couch all day! Mammy came out of surgery well! She is gonna be in the ICU at least until Sunday. They say she seems to be in good spirits. However,her being down and in the hospital means that Jeremy's uncle, Tim, is likely going into the nursing home. That is gonna be hard on alot of people.
My Paw Paw has been in the Nursing home for over a year. He has over the last few months and the last few weeks have been even worse. He was put into the hospital shortly after the first of the year. He has since been diagnosed with end stage Alzheimers. He also has COPD which makes it hard to breathe. Over the last week, he hardly knows any of us, he refuses to eat or drink and is in horrible amounts of pain. It is a horrible thing to watch. He is my last living grandparent...

(Not to make a pity party for me- as I'm not what this is about)- but this is very hard on me right now. I want so badly to go and sit with my dying grandfather, even though he won't know I'm there. To assure him that it's ok.... I want to go and visit mammy and let her know how much we love and need her. But, I'm on bedrest, and can't! I feel so guilty- laying around and not caring for the people that I love.

Please pray for My paw paw- Robert Taylor and mammy- Geraldine Kelly.

2 comments:

dana said...

I wish there was someway we could go sit with Paw Paw even though he won't really know who we are. Its been very hard the last few days knowing that he won't be with us much longer. But he is finally going to get to be with the one person we all want to see so much and that's Maw Maw. Ok im going to go cry now.

MrsHonea said...

Hey Laura, does bedrest allow you to be out in a wheelchair? Perhaps you could visit them one day like that? I know it must be hard for you.

Lord, Please comfort these loved ones and their families. If it's Paw Paw's time, let it come quickly and painlessly. Bring comfort to those left behind. I ask for healing for Jeremy's Mammy. Lord, please continue to hold Laura and her baby close in your protection. This baby needs to be born full term. Please provide what help they need and to be strong as a family in all times of struggles. Lord, you are merciful and mighty and I have faith in these abilities. Thank you for loving us. In Jesus' name, Amen.