BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

UGHHHHHHH

Whatever it is I'm doing- I'm apparently not doing something right!
I am writing this while everyone is asleep and I will very soon be there too! (and My momma is coming in the am so that I can sleep in- we'll see about that-Tay and JD have diffferent opinions on me sleeping in)
Anyways... I digress... (really good at that...see...) Right before christmas,Tatum had an asthma flair and was eventually diagnosed with bronciolitis and an ear infection in the left ear.(that Diagnosis came on Mon. 12/29). By Tuesday, I had a slight cough, nothing major,didn't feel bad at all. By Tuesday Night, JD was running slight fever,coughing, runny nose. Jeremy took him to the Dr. Wed morning. By Thursday night,Tatum was complaining that her other ear was hurting and Jeremy and I were both really sick. Friday morning, all4 of us piled up into the Dr's office- JD seemed better-ears looked better;Jeremy and I both had sinusitis and were put on antibiotics;Tatum had gotten a bad infection in the opposite ear while she had been on antibiotics. We are one sad, grumpy household,to say the least.
Fast forward to Sunday ( I know, a whole 2 days,but,whatever). Tatum is have diarrhea about every hour due to this antibiotic she's on- bless her heart! She is potty trained and she cannot control these episodes. She will cough or sneeze and say "mommy, I pooped a litle in my panties- I'm sorry!" It breaks my heart! She absolutely can't help it. Well, I had to work Sunday evening. I had Jeremy run JD by the hospital so that I could do an RSV swab on him- I had a bad dream the other night that he had RSV and he doesn't seem to be getting better. Well,we get the results and he does! AS a preemie momma, it has been instilled in my brain that this is one thing to be feared- RSV can be fatal in a preemie baby. I brought him back to the hospital, to check his oxygen (and to decide what needed to be done from there). His oxygen was good, so I brought him home to talk to his DR tomorrow. I was in tears and the Dr that was in the ER was like- RSV isn't that bad, just watch him- I'm sure he will be fine. I was irate! He has no idea what we have been through- this is not something that I can just watch and do nothing about! He basically just told my I was paranoid and Not to worry. I amm still fuming....
Anyways- how does a baby who doesn't go ANYWHERE; we have well child check ups and never wait in the waiting room, we didn't even go to Christmas functions were there were many people at them, I change my clothes and scrub when I get home from work, AND we get that ridiculously expensive, takes God calling the insurance company himself, RSV shots once a month to prevent RSV??? How did he get RSV??? This has made me beyond sick! And if you know me- and how paranoid I am- just wait, it's gonna get a lot worse now.
Gosh- I really just can't believe this! Plus, I haven't seen my sister or Landon in over a week- I cannot risk giving that sweetie anything!

1 comments:

Only the Sheppards said...

Oh dear. I'm so sorry! RSV is a swear word in our house, too, but I remember from one of my many RSV trainings that 98% of children get RSV by their 3rd birthday (okay so my stats might be off, but it's something like that.) What I'm trying to say is, Tatum never had it, so that was a miracle, and JD... Well, you know as well as I do that little boys are just buttholes sometimes.

So glad you guys get synagis!

And you're a wonderful mother! So quit beating yourself up already! It's because of you and your diligence that your kids are even alive and kicking. It's too easy to forget that sometimes!

We love ya, and hope everyone's feeling better soon! (Vick's on the feet, btw... I swear by it!)