BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

exciting (bittersweet) news


So, I wanted to blog this allllllllll day yesterday, but, was (trying) to wait until Friday when I go to the Dr and know more information. But I am absolutely bursting with hope and excitedment! To me- I am so thankful! To others, it may bring worry for me.
Let me explain........Tuesday, around 1:30, my cell phone rings. I just almost didn't answer it b/c I didnt' recognize the number. All of the sudden it dawned on me- It was the Maternal Fetal Group. I instantly went to- why are they calling me??? It was Debbie, who I always deal with, who has been there with all my kids and is such a sweet person. Well, she proceeds to say that she knows I have an appointment on Friday, but, that my bloodwork that they had done had come back abnormal. The doctors really believe that these abnormalities were what caused me to have complications with Tatum and JD. They are gonna give me a presciption and teach me how to give myself injections of Lovenox on Friday when I come. She just wanted to prepare me. I could hardly even talk to her I was crying so hard. I told her I was sorry, but that I was so relieved. She said this shot will help me.
Here is why it's bittersweet (not to me- I'm relieved). I don't know what the abnormalities are yet- I will find out more on Friday. But, whatever is wrong means that my premature births can hopefully be prevented. As a mother, you are willing to take whatever you have to for your children. I know it sounds horrible, but if it keeps me and Conner out of the NICU, I will gladly have something be wrong with me. But, it does mean that something is wrong with me and who knows what that will mean in the future. But, I'm willing to do whatever I need to do for my kids, my family. They are my everything.

4 comments:

Penny1215 said...

uummmm.....yay....I think!! As long as they think it's something that they can correct later!! Oh my I don't know!! I am certainly glad though that we are giving this little one a possible chance of hanging around the belly a little longer!!

Only the Sheppards said...

There are very few times when it's okay to say this... But YAY! So glad there's something wrong! You're one step closer to delivering one of those 12-lb babies people talk about!

~Tara~ said...

YaY!!! I am so glad to hear that they may be able to prevent Connor from coming early. On the other hand I am sorry to hear something is wrong with you during pregnancy but at least there are steps now that you will know about and be able to take. I am praying and hoping big that you go full term and maybe even over and have us a big boy. Go Laura and Connor. God be with you both through everything.

The Snyder's said...

Yeah.. We are willing to do what it takes.. I am here rooting you and Connor on.. LoVE YOU Botha dn the fam so much!!!